Pages - Menu

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Facebook or not Facebook



Facebook, the most popular Social Network Services in the world. It connect people and allows everyone to share. It changed the whole world, it play a very important role in many people's mind. But is Facebook good for us? Does it really improve of life? That's the issue I would like to share about in this article.


Before I share my own view, let me talk about how most people use Facebook.

The situation here are base on my observation. Of course, different people will have different ways to use Facebook, I am just talking about the most common usage I observed.

One of the most common usage is the sharing of the life. They update their location, what they are doing at a very high frequency, may be every 30 mins. They share messages such as: "Sleeping on my bed" , "riding bus to school" ,etc. And at the same time, check in and share a self-taking photo.

The other common usage is sharing photos, but not just photos in parties or gatherings. They share near everything. For example a cup of tea, a mouse, bathroom, bed room, flowers, trees, lunch, dinner ........... Almost everything.

These are the most common usage I observed, and I think, Facebook is harming us.

How? They are just sharing! Share their joy to friends, to the world. How this is harming us?

Base on my observation, I think most people are too additive to Facebook. They are too anxious to share, to expose themselves to others. "Sleeping on bed" or "Riding bus" are just daily routine, why it is worth sharing? Why people need to know what you are doing for every 30 mins? And for those people who love to collect "likes", why every moves you made worth people's "like"?

These behavior leads to a problem: where are they living? Reality? or Facebook? When you pay so much attention on sharing on Facebook, I am sure you will lost many thing in the real world. In my point of view, the aim of our life are not collecting funny things or "nothing special common things" and share to Facebook, but so many people are doing this means many people are wasting their time. Why not spend that 30 mins photo uploading time to read a book? Why not spend more time on learning a skills?

Yes, most people are wasting time on it. So we should not use Facebook? I don't think so. Facebook did help us to connect with people and it is really a good platform for us to communicate. If we use this platform well, our life will become better for sure.

I really hope people can use technologies in a better way.

If you have any idea about my article, leave a message to me. Positive or negative comments are all welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment